Pictured: Set Fire, Rumble 2019 champions | Photos by Coleman Rogers
All Rumble consideration remains directly related to Boston Emissions. In all fairness, Rumble submissions happen year-round by sending music to Boston Emissions and being in touch with the show. You must send music to be considered. Boston Emissions Submissions page
RUMBLE 2020 did not happen as a direct result of Covid-19. RUMBLE 2021 is on. All interested bands should do what you can to create content even while we are under social distancing measures.
-must be from the New England region and playing in the Boston area regularly
-have released new music within the past year
-have a full band – this is a live music event with live bands
– receive airplay in advance of Rumble consideration – you must send music to Boston Emissions
-have active presence online via social media and must be making a valid attempt at promotion
– be actively playing live shows (more than once or twice annually)
-play original music, no cover/tribute acts
-may only appear in The Rumble once
-DOES NOT PAY TO PLAY — ALL BANDS ARE PAID TO PARTICIPATE (it has always been this way)
-are expected to PROMOTE The Rumble and their appearance(s); a full and detailed explanation will be provided. If you are not comfortable telling people about your shows, maybe this isn’t for you.
Bands, get the following ready:
- Good high resolution band photos, landscape format, in color
—several great and affordable photographers available to you. Email me for recommendations.
- A coherent band biography – two paragraphs max. If you can’t do it, have someone do it who can.
- Get band pages in order
- Have new music streaming and ready to be listened to, downloaded, and purchased.
- Merch. Have band merch to sell.