Pictured: Set Fire, Rumble 2019 champions | Photos by Coleman Rogers
All Rumble consideration remains directly related to Boston Emissions. In all fairness, Rumble submissions happen year-round by sending music to Boston Emissions and being in touch with the show. You must send music to be considered.
Guide for bands:
- be from New England and playing in the Boston area regularly
- have released new music within the year
- have a full band – this is a live music event with live bands
- receive airplay in advance of Rumble consideration on Boston Emissions – this means you should already have reached out to the show (Note that I do not use DMs, @tags, or Facebook messages to accept music for the show)
- have an active presence online via social media and must be making a valid attempt at promotion
- be actively playing live shows
- play original music, no cover/tribute acts
- a band may only appear in The Rumble once (though individual musicians have appeared several times, sometimes in the same Rumbles!)
The Rock & Roll Rumble is NOT PAY TO PLAY; all bands are paid to participate and it has always been this way despite what anyone says on Facebook.
- Anyone who agrees to participate is expected to promote the Rumble and their appearance(s); a full and detailed explanation will be provided. If you are not comfortable promoting yourself and telling people about your shows, this isn’t for you.
Things bands should have at the ready:
- have good, current, and press-ready high resolution band photos, landscape format, in color – without visible brand logos.
- a coherent band biography – two paragraphs max. Get someone to write one for you.
- band presence via a website and social media – Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I use socials for promotion and I will tag bands in that promotion, others will too.
- have one good, easy to find handle for all band pages (like @thebeatlesmusic or @thebeatlesband – you get it).
- new music streaming and ready to be listened to, downloaded, and purchased
**I use Bandcamp. It is great for the purposes of the Rock & Roll Rumble.
- fresh band merch like stickers, t-shirts, pins, CDs, vinyl – people like to buy things.